CPD Training for EYFS Staff.
It is important that all Early Years Practitioners are familiar with dyspraxia / DCD because they are often the first to notice if a child is not reaching their developmental milestones. The earlier these children are identified, the better the long term outcome for them. Whilst a diagnosis may be less clear at this age, this should not prevent or delay intervention for the child. These are critical years for this child. A practitioner who has received training in dyspraxia/DCD can make a huge difference.
Our training will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to recognise these children and the best way forward to help both the child and parents.
Training Package A
Title : Understanding Dyspraxia/DCD in the Early Years Foundation Stage
Suitable for: All Early Years Foundation staff.
- The back ground to dyspraxia/DCD
- Physiology in simple terms
- Impact on the child’s developmental goals
- How and when to raise concern
- Who to refer to
- Supporting parents
- Simple, low cost but effective strategies to use within the setting.
- Sign posting to further sources of help and information
- Post training support through our free help line
- CPD Certificates of Attendance
Where : We can come to your setting.
How long: 2 hours
When: At a time to suit you.
Cost: £200 plus travel 40p a mile outside Worcester. No additional VAT
Trainer: Cathy Parvin
How many delegates can attend: No limit.
All profit is used to support children with dyspraxia through our free help line and support services.