Dyspraxia is a “hidden” disability and this makes it complex to recognise, understand and manage. It is also very common (5% of all children) and for these two reasons it is essential all professionals working with children receive training in dyspraxia. We not only deliver very practical training but we recognise the need for professionals to be able to access on going support and we offer this through our help line and other services.
ABOUT OUR TRAINER
- Cathy Parvin trained initially as a Registered General Nurse and then trained and specialised in Orthopaedic Nursing.
- Cathy was the Education Officer for the Dyspraxia Foundation and still delivers training on their behalf as requested. She is also an advisor on the Dyspraxia Foundation Educational Panel.
- Has delivered over 300 training sessions in many different settings, schools and universities.
- Delivered Lectures at international SEN conferences in Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris
- Trained by the National Handwriting Association.
- Has delivered CPD training on behalf of Worcestershire County Council for their Early Years Programme.
- Visiting Lecturer for SENCO Award, PGCE and BA courses, Sport and PE degree courses
- Presented at T.E.S Show, Education Show and a Keynote Speaker/trainer at SENCO Conferences
- Cathy regards her daughter who has dyspraxia as her greatest teacher.
- Has over 18 years experience and established a large network of contacts.
Unlike other companies, ALL our profit is used to keep the help line operating and supporting children with dyspraxia..The child is at the center of all we do. Having a teacher who understands dyspraxia is vital to these children.
COMMENTS FROM EMAILS AND EVALUATION SHEETS
“The feedback on the evaluations was excellent for the day and your session got a lot of mentions!” SENCO Award Birmingham
“Thank you SO much for providing the session for the SENCos, once again your presentation has resulted in very positive feedback.” SENCO Award Worcester
“Thank you so much for your help and support this year with the Primary Partnership programme. As a result, please can we book your wonderful services again?” County Council CPD Cheltenham
“Once again, many thanks for helping to make the SEN Skills day such a success and so valuable for the students.I have read through the written feedback again from the students and it is so positive!” BA Hon Lecturer Birmingham